We have recently moved the website to HTTPS. This could reset speed test history chart for some HTTP users.
Fear not! your speed test history is safe. You just need to do some work to move the data to the HTTPS version of the site.
Here's what you can do to recover your history chart:
- Temporarily clear HSTS settings for speedof.me in your browser: https://www.thesslstore.com/blog/clear-hsts-settings-chrome-firefox/
- Visit this page
- Open "Local Storage" settings: https://stackoverflow.com/a/9404841/996926
- Under "Local Storage", Click on http://speedof.me
- Select Key downloadHistory and double click on its Value on the right column. Then copy the value to a text file
- Repeat step 5 for uploadHistory and history_stack
- Now you should have the values for all three keys
- Visit https://speedof.me/
- Open "Local Storage" settings (explained in step 3)
- Using your copied values, replace the value for each key i.e. downloadHistory, uploadHistory and history_stack
- Refresh the page
- Done! you should now see your old history chart